All these amazing photos are the property of the photographers linked to below. Check out their other photos and see the recipe for Key Lime Pie below. Enjoy!
1. Lime & Mint, 2. Mini Key Lime Cupcakes, 3. Lime Paradise, 4. Salt & Limes makes me wish for only ONE thing~ 59/365, 5. www.flickr.com/photos/85287163@N00/2198839348/in/photostr..., 6. Slices limes, 7. Limes, 8. Key Limes, 9. Melon-Lime-Granita (2/3), 10. Vegan Key Lime Tartletes, 11. Saturday refreshments, 12. Key Lime Pie, 13. Lime for stock photo, 14. Key Lime, 15. Stewart's Key Lime Soda, 16. Lime, 17. Key-Lime Banana Smoothie, 18. Lime White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars, 19. Put The Lime In The Coconut, 20. Mojito Power, 21. Key Lime Pie by The Guest Baker!, 22. Lime 5, 23. Lime macarons / Macarons de limão, 24. lime & coconut cookies, 25. Fluffy Key Lime Pie Recipe
A classic dessert takes an easy turn with Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust.
1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz box), softened as directed on box
1 package unflavored gelatin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup water
4 pasteurized eggs, separated
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
2 drops green food color
1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
Sweetened whipped cream, if desired
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, combine gelatin, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the lime juice, water and egg yolks. Cook over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens slightly. Remove from heat; stir in lime peel and food color. Pour mixture into large bowl. Refrigerate until mixture mounds slightly, about 45 minutes.
3. In large bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. In small bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
4. Gently stir egg whites and whipped cream into cooled lime mixture. Spoon into cooled baked shell. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Serve topped with sweetened whipped cream. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No changes.
Find more recipes at www.pillsbury.com
-Dixie cups or ice cube tray(for pallet cleanser)
-Popsicle sticks or tooth picks(for pallet cleanser)
Take the lemons and the limes and juice them. Since there is no sugar in the recipe make sure you use two parts lime for every one part lemon so its not too sour. Mix the juices together until well blended. Next take the juice and pour them into either the dixie cups or the ice cube tray. Cover them with aluminum foil so that you can stick your popsicle sticks or tooth picks in them. Now freeze them over night or until they are completely frozen.
Whether you are just looking for a tasty summer-time treat or looking for a way to cut back on food intake popsicles are the way to go. Both fun to make and fun to eat everyone enjoys a popsicle now and then. Have fun with your creations and remember sometime its good to let your minds roam free and try new things.
Created with fd's Flickr Toys